Tuesday, May 10, 2005

We were like fighter crafts...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

My university life is quite over before I knew it...my pals...my buddies...all gone...sob sob. For now. Quite a sad start for a blog that has a happy heading. Maybe I shouldn't listen to Hennie Bekker so much next time...

I'm not ashamed to admit that I really respect all my FA buddies that made it through the entire thing without a hitch. It really shows the hidden courage and determination in them. During those moments when I was still among them, I would say that those are the moments when we are the most human of humans, with a myriad of emotions I've never seen before.
We were like fighter crafts launched to win a distant battle, struggling hard to evade the ever-present flak and fire along the way. Unavoidably, some will be shot down, and some regretfully even before they reach the final fight.

I'm really glad to see that your works have paid off, my friends. You all have earned it. I mean it.

And I don't want to hear any of those 'But Julius my work is crap' shit. You finished, you finished. You guys deserved the honour of it.

As for me, I haven't really let go of MMU's arse yet, not really, I guess. Most of my friends should know, I have another year to go, or more precisely, another semester. I dropped my major subject you see, to be continued next year in favour of better results and hopefully a more attractive Final Year Project and portfolio. I often wondered at times after that fateful day when I clicked the mouse button to drop Film and Animation if that was a wise decision. Well, wise or not, now's the time to make up for it.

Well, now that I'm at home with a complete design 'studio' comprising of my entire parents' apartment, there's no time to fuck around. There's work to be done, jobs to apply, freelances to hunt for, paycheques to earn, ambitions to pursue. PHEW...it's going to be a very busy 8 months coming. Time to sleep...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home